Blu-ray Player for Windows
Free media application that runs Blu-Ray discs on Windows
- Category Players
- Program license Free to Try
- Version 2.16.16
- Size 37.92 MB
- Works under: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP
- Program available in English
- Program by Macgo Inc.
Blu-Ray Player for Windows gives you the chance to watch Blu-Ray discs on your computer and works with older computers that came with an HD-DVD player inside.
DVDs swept onto the scene in the 1990s and quickly replaced the outdated video tapes that you watched in the past. This discs did not require rewinding and came with bonus features like commentaries from directors and actors, deleted scenes, and even music videos. Though some though the HD-DVD format would replace DVDs, those discs could not compete with Blu-Ray discs. Blu-Ray offers better clarity and picture quality than standard DVDs do. With Blu-Ray Player for Windows, you can now watch those discs on any computer that has a Windows operating system.
This is a unique program because it works with both internal and external Blu-Ray players. If you have the right audio and video cables, you can connect your Blu-Ray player to your computer. The program will identify that player and let you watch movies on your laptop or desktop screen. It will also recognize an internal Blu-Ray player in your computer. It does require a connection to the internet though and will not work unless it detects an internet signal.
Blu-Ray Player for Windows is available as a free trial. You can use the program for up to three months without paying, but it will show a watermark on the screen. This watermark will not go away until you pay for the full program. Once your trial expires, it will limit the features that you can use. It also supports different video formats, including DVD and MOV formats, but it may not play all discs or videos that you want to watch. The program also has few features for changing the audio or video features.
Using Blu-Ray Player for Windows will not replace the existing Blu-Ray player in your home. Many only use this program when watching select films or episodes of their favorite shows on their own. If you want to watch those programs with others, you'll want a bigger screen. There is also a risk that running this program will cause your computer to overheat and eventually shut down. Blu-Ray Player for Windows is a simple program that lets you watch Blu-Ray discs, DVDs, and even online videos, but it may not come with all the features that you need.
- Supports different formats for watching most discs
- Comes with a free trial that lasts for three months
- Lets you share videos and comments on Facebook
- Works with both internal and exterior Blu-Ray players
- Can make your computer overheat and shut down
- Will not replace the Blu-Ray player connected to your TV
- Doesn't come with a lot of customizing features
- Cannot work without an internet connection
- Comes with bugs that can make the program crash in the middle of a video